Lot's of visitors!


Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Post of my First Blog

Well, it's about time that I made a blog. I still need to think about what I'm going to talk about in it, but that'll come with time. As for the name of the blog, I borrowed 'State of Nature' from 16th century British philosopher Thomas Hobbes. Simply put, the state of nature is a hypothetical society that has no government. Hobbes wrote that in the state of nature, the life of the average person is "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short." Without laws and a means to enforce them, people would be running around killing each other. What a thought! Hobbes had a lot of interesting things to say about social and political philosophy, but that's not the focus of this blog. For now, the real focus of this blog is to have no focus. With that said, here are some instructions on hand-to-hand combat, so you can defend yourself if you ever end up in the state of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment